Systems biology is the mathematical modeling and analysis of complex biological systems using a holistic approach. As a biology-based interdisciplinary field of research, it employs systems and control theory, data science, computer simulation, and artificial intelligence to computationally study the interactions and behavior of the components of biological entities, including molecules, cells, tissues, organs, and organisms. Intelligent processing of omics data (such as genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics), and controllability-observability analysis of biological pathways (such as gene regulatory network, signaling pathways, protein-protein interaction networks, and metabolic pathways) enable systems biology to significantly improve the diagnosis and treatment of complex diseases.
All researchers, academics, and experts in the field of Systems Biology and AI are kindly invited to submit their original research papers to this special session. The scope includes (but not limited to) the following topics:
- oIntelligent processing of Omics and Multi-Omics Data (Genomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics, …) using AI methods such as Fuzzy Logic, Machine Learning, Soft Data Mining, …
- oMathematical modeling, computer simulation (in-silico study), and analysis of biological paths and biochemical networks (gene regulatory networks, signaling paths, protein-protein interaction networks, metabolic paths, …)
- oMulti-scale analysis of the interactions among the components of biological systems
- oComputational modeling and analysis of cell dynamics
- oApplications of control theory, dynamical systems, nonlinear systems, and chaos in systems biology
- oApplications of systems biology in modeling, analysis, and control of the mechanisms of complex diseases at molecular level such as systems oncology, systems neuroscience, …
- oApplications of systems biology in developing novel treatment methods based on stem cells and gene therapy
- oApplications of systems biology in designing synthetic biological circuits and bio-nanorobotics
- oReal-world applications of systems biology in medicine, pharmaceutics, paramedicine, agriculture, …
Dr. Alireza Rowhanimanesh
Intelligent Systems and Robotics Lab, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Neyshabur, Iran.
- Hits: 294